Monday, January 30, 2012

"Reste dans L'ombre"


"Reste dans L'ombre"
6" X 6" Oil on Raymar Panel

Available at Ben and Penny's
(on the river behind Cafe Aruzzo)
Newburgh, Indiana



The bible study that I have been a part of for a number of years is comprised of 20 amazing women.   As I recorded the prayer requests at a recent meeting,  I was emotionally moved by the significant number of ladies currently dealing with difficult issues.  I’m talking about the gut-punch, take-your-breath-away, drop-to-your-knees, fall-flat-on-your-face kind of situations.  Major life issues with aging parents, wayward children wandering in the darkness, multiple premature familial deaths in a short period of time, family issues resulting in division and long-term anger and bitterness, and _________________________________________________________________


Oh, I could go on, but ‘nuff said.  However, I did leave a “fill-in-the-blank” for you – just in case.

In my quiet time this morning, I ran across a scripture that I hope will give you rest, even tho you may feel like you’re on a leaky raft surrounded by raging rapids threatening to take you under by their strong currents, tempting and taunting to edge away what strength you have left. 

I hope this is not you today.  But, if it is,

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High,
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”
Psalm 91:1

Look closely - see the bench in the shadow?  That’s for you – take a seat, “dwell” and rest.   He’s got ya covered.


Reference photo from South of France by Anne Heinrich.

No comments:

Post a Comment