Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Oh, Is It Raining?"


"Oh, Is it Raining?"
6" X 6" Oil on Raymar Panel
Sold

My mind's eye captured this little princess one rainy afternoon in Brooklyn.   Rick and I found shelter in a quaint Italian restaurant with a glassed storefront on Court Street, perfect for people watching.  The sidewalks were crowded with aptly attired residents clearly used to braving the elements, and this little girl was no exception.  But she was different........

She was pink.....and purple, and teal, and navy...... in her own little world, moving at her own little pace, wearing just what she wanted, and pleased to be doing it.   I LOVE that about her!!  Is she anyone you know?  She reminds me of my granddaughter who wanted to wear a dress to her soccer game, and one of my sons who insisted on wearing cowboy boots every day for at least 2 years of his life!  Or maybe she reminds you of you

She is unique.  Unique.....as we all are in our own special ways.  Pick a day to just be content with yourself, accepting the gifts God gave you - no comparisons, no masks, no expectations......no make-up!!!  (Well, that might be takin' it a little too far for some of us :)))

"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you......" 
 Proverbs 4:25



2 comments:

  1. Debi, I love the story behind this and how the color pops against the neutral background. The reflections work really well too - bravo! You are equally adept at writing and painting - what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this one, Debi! It reminds me of Carolyn when she was little (and a little now)!

    ReplyDelete